Thursday, October 28, 2010

Project Pantry...The End

Project Pantry continued to be a success at my house.  Thursday we had Spaghetti.  Not all that creative but hey, who says every meal has to be a big deal?  Not me!  So Tony pulled some of his moms delicious spaghetti sauce out of the freezer and we cooked up some pasta from the pantry.  We also had some meatballs in the freezer so I pulled those out and put them in the oven.  I tossed together some salad and voila! Dinner is served.    I love spaghetti dinners, they are easy to make and fun for the kids!

Friday was another pasta day, which my kids loved.  I had a handfull of rotinis and another opened box of penne.  Fortunately they had the same cooking time so I decided to throw them in the pot together with some chicken broth.  I cut up and roasted the last of the sweet potato and onion. 

The kids always love pasta, especially Sam, because it's easy to pick up with his chubby little fingers.

Saturday was more of a laid back, eat what you can find day because I was busy getting ready to go out with my Dad and Mom was watching the kids.  

Sunday we gobbled up the rest of the leftovers, popped popcorn and chilled!

Did you have any success with your Project Pantry?  Any hits? misses?  Tell me about it! 

2 comments:

  1. I worked it two days this week. Shredded chicken sandwiches one night and salad and pierogis and kielbasa the other night.

    I have GOT to clean that pantry before someone gets injured. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. ***drool*** Kielbasa. Num num num. With some saurkraut and a cold beer.

    I cleaned out my whole pantry two days ago. Lined the shelves, got rid of all the expired/stale/only crumbs left boxes and bags. It looks great. You can actally see the floor, AND the food!!

    ReplyDelete